Comment on page
Database connection overview
Count can't do much without your database.
Workspace owners and admins can create a database connection using the "Connect a database" button in the left hand menu of the workspace home page.
Count supports many of the most popular databases, and support for more is coming soon.
Information on how to connect to each database can be found on the following pages:
Workspace owners and admins can connect their workspace to Count's demo connection.
This provides a fully working database connection and comes loaded with example canvases and tutorials to help you learn more about how Count works.
Connecting the demo database
Count is built with security in mind and we have a number of measures in place to protect your data and take care of your database's integrity:
- 1.All traffic between your database, Count and any workspace users is fully encrypted using HTTPS and SSL/TLS.
- 2.We don't take a copy of your database or alter your tables.
- 3.We make sure to protect your database from too much load by only running queries when necessary and limiting the number of results which get returned.
Some settings are common across all database connections:
- Color - set a custom color for this connection. Cells referencing tables in this connection will have this color by default. The connection color can also be overridden per-canvas.
- Use DuckDB by default for visuals - with this setting enabled, new visuals created while this connection is selected will execute on the in-memory database in the canvas, rather than on this connection.
A database connection can be deleted at the bottom of the connection's settings menu.
Deleting a database connection will access to it from any projects referencing the connection. This will cause your canvas queries and visuals to error.