Comment on page
Text, number, and boolean controls
How to use text, number, and boolean controls.
Use the canvas toolbar to insert the control cell you want to use. These simple controls include:
- Number inputs - viewers can type an arbitrary number
- Slider inputs - viewers can pick a number within a range by dragging a slider
- Toggle inputs - viewers can pick a boolean value by clicking a toggle switch
- String inputs - viewers can enter arbitrary text
For all control cells you can configure the cell, including:
- the cell name (how you'll refer to it in SQL)
- the cell title (how your viewers will see it)
- the default value entered
For slider inputs, you can also configure:
- The minimum allowed value
- The maximum allowed value
- The steps that values are allowed to take between minimum and maximum
Depending on how these control cells might be used you may want to:
- Place the control cells and visuals in a frame to make a report
- Use it in your analysis to help with quick parameterization
If you want your users to be able to edit control cells privately (e.g. you have many users, each wanting to use their own filters) then you should lock your canvas.
Otherwise, you can leave your canvas unlocked.
How to lock a canvas
If sharing as a report, users can now interact with and update the report using the control cells provided.