How to filter for dates and date ranges.
Use the canvas toolbar to insert a date control cell
For date cells, you'll need to configure the cell, including:
- The cell name (how you'll refer to it in SQL)
- The cell title (how your viewers will see it)
- The selected date. This can either be an absolute date, or one relative to the current day
Depending on how these control cells might be used you may want to:
- Place the control cells and visuals in a frame to make a report
- Use it in your analysis to help with quick parameterization
If you want your users to be able to edit control cells privately (e.g. you have many users, each wanting to use their own filters) then you should lock your canvas.
Otherwise, you can leave your canvas unlocked.
How to lock a canvas
If sharing as a report, users can now interact with and update the report using the control cells provided.