Intro to your workspace
Workspaces house your canvases, data, users, and projects.
The workspace is the highest-level organizational unit in Count. Workspaces contain data, members, projects, and canvases. Typcially, each organization has one workspace.
Workspace owners create and manage the workspace and it's billing settings. Owners and admins can invite other members, and guests and assign their permission to projects.
From your Workspace Settings, owners and admins can manage:
- whitelisted email addresses: which users will automatically be added to a workspace (without a specific invite)
- public links: enable/disable the ability to share canvases with people outside the workspace
- workspace guests: enable/disable the ability to have workspace guests
- query caching: enable/disable query caching
Every member of the workspace has a role. These roles indicate what actions they can and cannot do, and which documents they can and cannot access.
Within each project, you can specify which users have edit or view access to its contents. You can also add editors and viewers directly to a canvas.
Projects are collections of data tables, members, and canvases. They typically refer to departments (e.g. Sales team), or types of work (e.g. Our data models).
The data within the project determines which data is available to query within the canvases in that project. Data can either be a subset of the tables in a database connection, or CSV files. You can manage the data in a project from the Project homepage.
Within each project, you can control who has edit or view access to the canvases within those documents. Project admins can control the data and member permissions of a project.
In the main project view you can see the canvases contained within that project. From this view you can:
- open each canvas
- duplicate the canvas
- move the canvas to a different project
- pin the canvas - which will feature the canvas at the top of the project for easy access
At the heart of Count is your data, and you can manage your connected databases within the Connections section of your workspace. This is where you can:
- manage and refresh the credentials that connect to each database
- manage which projects have access to the data in that database
- refresh the schema to show new tables and columns in the canvas data menu
- delete the connection